The Dirty Hands and Muddy Boots Challenege was launched at County Day 2007. Over 70 challenges to try for all ages, 5 – 105
It was launched in February 2007 to encourage us all to get out and enjoy the out of doors. Although we wanted it to be fun and up-to-date, we could never have anticipated its success. Here are some facts:
- Alan Titchmarsh has endorsed the book.
- 3000 books have been sold in a year and we have just received our second edition from the printers, sponsored by the RHS.
- More than 5000 people have already completed the challenge (all ages, male and female).
- Every country in the UK has participated and almost every County.
- There are even units overseas who are doing it.
- Depots around the country have stocked it including CHQ and Foxlease.
- The RHS has helped fund a reprint. Their Education department is happy to welcome units to Wisley to try some of the challenges.
- Kew has also expressed an interest in having Dirty Hands Sleepovers and Wisley is thinking of holding Open Evenings for Brownies.
- Surrey West and Surrey East both held very successful Brownie events based on the challenge in 2007. Over 600 Brownies went to these events.
- All profits are being used to fund improvements to our campsite at Herons Wey.