Available for Brownies, Guides and Rangers, Think Resilient is a fantastic resource created in partnership with Young Minds and addresses the issue of mental health, teaching girls techniques to boost resilience and deal with challenging situations they may face in life.
‘62% of girls aged 11 to 21 know a girl their age who has experienced a mental health problem’ (2015 Girlguiding’s Girls attitudes survey)
What would be required of me as a leader?
- Have a pre-session conversation on the phone, around two weeks before the session
- Before the session, send out a pre-session parent letter
- Allow time for your unit to complete a pre-session evaluation
- Set aside one meeting for the session (as arranged with the Peer Educator) and actively support the session
- After the session, send out a post-session parent letter
- Use the ‘Take it Forward’ resource for leaders so that the girls complete their 5th and final step and can then earn the Think Resilient badge